Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Young Wives

I picked up this book because it was an interesting title. I decided to bring it home because the book jacket stated that it was by the same author as "The First Wives Club." I saw that movie and found it entertaining, so I decided to give the book a try. It was a mildly entertaining read, if you aren't expecting a plot too different from "The First Wives Club." It doesn't begin the same and the individual stories of the three women are unique to this book, but it began to take on a very familiar plot towards the second half of the book.

I also want to point out that this book title is misleading, since by the end of it none of these women can really be called wives. So instead of a story about women who are young and beginning their marriages, it is a story about women who are young and are ending their marriages.

If you are not experiencing a negative situation at the hands of a man, this book may be mildly entertaining. Perhaps it would make a good vacation read. If I was a woman currently or recently victimized by a man, I would probably find some parts of this book inspiring and empowering. I can recommend this book to women in such situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment