Monday, October 11, 2010

The Wednesday Sisters

I didn't really know what to expect with this book, because the title was recommended to me with no additional information. I knew it was a fiction book, but that was pretty much it. As I began reading it, I initially thought it was just another story about a group of women friends. But it is more than that. The women, brought together by the neighborhood park, decide to start a writing group. They write, read each others writings, and critique them. They meet every week. Their lives go through normal ups and downs, but their friendships and writing brings them strength.

This book is a light, quick read. The friendships are the focal point of the book. I found the book to be entertaining and inspiring. This book would make a good vacation read, if you are looking for something with an interesting story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment