Friday, June 4, 2010

The Zombie Survival Guide

I picked up this book because I thought it had an interesting title. I won't be adding this book to my "books read" list this month though, because I couldn't finish it. I admit that I am unlikely to be the typical audience for this particular book, and so my opinion shouldn't stop those interested in protecting themselves from zombies from purchasing or reading the book.

Here is a little example of why I couldn't finish the book. Its entire premise brought up too many questions. On page 6, " There is no way a zombie could fly unless the human it used to be could fly." This begs the question, what if Superman was turned into a zombie? Would he retain all of his powers? Is it possible that he would be immune because he is not from Earth?

I fluctuated between this kind of random questioning and frustration at the slow-moving text-like manner of the book. I suppose that if I eventually get attacked by zombies, I might wish that I had finished reading this book. Hopefully, that won't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment