Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Angry Housewives Eating BonBons

Isn't that a great title? I just loved it. The title alone made me want to pick up this book and see what it was about. In this book, Lorna Landvik has followed a group of women throughout the course of their adult lives. They are a book club, and this book is about them, the books they read, and the friendships they form in the club. With a bit of humor, this book manages to show several different personalities and life situations as well as the normal ups and downs of life. Friendships grow and change, and the women in the book are influenced by each other as well as the books they read and share.

I felt an affinity to these women because I have been a member of several book groups. I know how hard it can be to find or create a good one, and I was inspired by the length of time the book club existed. This is a good book for women who are in a book club, or for people unsure of what the benefits of a book club may be. This was an entertaining read, although it does deal with serious issues because it follows the women over the course of thirty years. This book also highlights a different book with each chapter, which might be a bonus for those looking for ideas of books to read.

Landvik was a new author for me. I will look for another book by her in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment