Friday, January 7, 2011

The Rest of Her Life

When I was in high school, an older female student accidentally hit another girl who was walking near the school. The younger girl died. This, essentially, is the plot of the book The Rest of Her Life. It is told from the viewpoint of the mother of the older girl. I found it to be a poignant, complex read. I did not have true objectivity for this book, because it mirrored a real event for me. The characters choices, emotions, and experiences rang true for me. It is a thoughtful book that begs the question, "What would you do?"

If you enjoy books with interesting characters in hard situations, you should read this book. If you like to read Jodi Picoult, this is a book for you. This book kept me up late, because I wanted to keep reading.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like this book would bring back memories. She died on January 3, 1994. It was just over 17 years ago....
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete