Friday, March 25, 2011

I love My Book Group

The book group I am currently a part of is the best one I have ever attended. I have been going for about a year now, but the group has been active for three years. We are called Mothers Who Know Read, and you can check out our blog here. We meet monthly and we focus mostly on the classics. We read Shakespeare plays twice a year. I like the challenge of reading these books, and discussing the ideas we encounter in them.

One of the great things about the book club is that there is always a lot of discussion and different opinions and ideas. It seems like everyone gets something slightly different out of the books, and we all benefit from one another's viewpoints. Sometimes opinions are changed and sometimes we just agree to disagree. It is a great experience to meet once a month to discuss books.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Melissa, I love how committed you are to our little book group. I can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete