Friday, December 10, 2010

Author Highlight: Lemony Snicket

My oldest daughter has been tearing through the Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. I had read most of the books years ago, but stopped before the final books were released. As my daughter read the last few books, I read them too. The series is filled with unfortunate events, but they are often told in a humorous way. I had forgotten how somewhat unusual words are peppered throughout the book, with definitions provided. As a person who loves to play with words and learn new words, I found this to be a delightful diversion throughout the stories.

All told, we enjoyed Lemony Snicket's books, his clever way with words, and the adventures of the Baudelaire children. It provided several exciting discussions about choices, parents and children, and what it means to be a bad person. The books are a fun easy, read for both adults and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment