Monday, December 27, 2010

The Happiness Project

Gretchen Rubin decided to spend a year trying to be happier. She gave each month a specific theme and came up with several goals for the month's theme. She began her project, not because she was depressed or unhappy, but because she didn't feel like she was as happy as she should be. She talks at the beginning of her book about using Benjamin Franklin and his self-improvement project as inspiration. At several points in the book she re-examines her goal of becoming happier, each time deciding that it is a worthy goal and that it is increasing her happiness. She is open about her successes and her setbacks.

I enjoyed this book immensely. I like reading about life "experiments" that other people try. Sometimes I get inspired to try some things myself, but sometimes I just enjoy the vicarious experiment.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about goals, experiments, or happiness. I recommend it to people who are feeling like they are not living life to the fullest.

If you want more information about starting your own happiness project, check out Gretchen Rubin's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment