Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Boxmaker's Son

This is the story of an LDS man remembering his father, his hero. The memories are from many different ages, but the respect for his father continues throughout the book. What I loved most about this book: the gentle, lyrical language. The memories are related in a way that evokes nostalgia. I also liked that it took place in Oregon, an area that I am familiar with.

This book is a short read, yet tugs at the heart. It sure to stir memories of childhood and fathers. I felt that seeing the father through his child's eyes was a bit like living with a father like that myself.

Read this book for a short, sentimental journey through the eyes of a man who adored his father. This book will appeal to those with a need to see positive relationships between a parent and child.

No comments:

Post a Comment