Friday, November 5, 2010

National Novel Writing Month Update Week 1

It is day five of National Novel Writing Month. My first thoughts on this experience: this is a thing only crazy people do! But here I am, still plugging along. I even have a story that is, if I do say so myself, compelling. I can't wait to see where my characters are going to take the story. I do have a rough outline of how I think it is going to go, but I have already had some surprises when actually writing.

I am gaining greater respect for novel writers. It is a lot of fun, but also work.

Most days it has been difficult to find the time to do the writing. Evidently, the computer is like the phone. When I use it, my children see it as a signal that I must be talked to right that second.

Also, I am not reading as much as I normally do. Writing is taking away from the time I usually read. Which is fine for a month, but I am starting to miss it.

One thing I am worried about: Thanksgiving. Its a big deal for us. We go to my husband's parents, and Black Friday is a big deal for the women in the family. Maybe I can do some extra writing ahead of time, so I have less to write those few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment