Monday, November 29, 2010

National Novel Writing Month Finale

This will be my last post on my National Novel Writing Experience this year. I have learned a lot, even though I didn't officially complete the challenge. In fact, I came in quite far below the 50,000 word challenge.

Would I go for the challenge again? Probably. I can see that in the future I might actually be able to arrange things so that I could reach the final tally. I liked having a goal to shoot for, and I wrote a lot more than I would have if I hadn't been aiming high.

What are some things I learned? I reaffirmed how much I enjoy writing. By pushing myself harder than normal, I was able to discover a realistic expectation for daily writing. I also learned how much I really need to get some post pre-written for this blog. I have been writing posts as I go, but would like to have a few posts ready to go for busy days.

Overall, NaNoWriMo was a good experience for me. I learned a lot and accomplished more than I would have otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment